This is an adware program that hijacks your browser's search and home page to foosearch.com and displays its own advertisements when using search engines and browsing the web. Due to its constant display of unwanted advertisements, your web browsing experience may become slow and possibly unusable. foosearch.com adware provides no benefit to the computer that is it installed on and only generates advert revenue for the developer. It is suggested that you remove this hijacker from your browser and any related adware using the following removal instructions.
foosearch.com is bundled with and installed by free programs that you download from the Internet. These program did not adequately disclose that other software would be installed along with it. It is important that you pay close attention to license agreements and installation screens when installing anything off of the Internet. If an installation screen offers you Custom or Advanced installation options, it is a good idea to select these as they will typically disclose what other 3rd party software will also be installed. If the license agreement or installation screens state that they are going to install a toolbar or other unwanted adware, it is advised that you immediately cancel the install and not use the free software.
Method One: Remove foosearch.com Automatically
Automatic removal of the foosearch.com search hijacker is recommended, as the automatic foosearch.com Removal Tool
can fully detect, identify and delete all malicious files and components of foosearch.com. This is extremely helpful for those who don’t want to take the risk and trouble to perform manual removal. Click and download the automatic foosearch.com Removal Tool
Method Two: Remove foosearch.com Manually
In this first step we are going to remove foosearch.com from your web browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) by removing any malicious add-ons, plug-ins or extensions as well as reseting the browser's home and search pages. Depending on which browsers you have installed, follow the selected instructions.
Remove malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the "gear" icon Internet Explorer options icon (at the top right corner of Internet Explorer).
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Look for any recently-installed suspicious browser add-on, select these entries and click Remove.
Reset Internet Explorer (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of foosearch.com, reset your Internet Explorer settings.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, in the opened window type inetcpl.cpl In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click the Windows logo, in the start search box type inetcpl.cpl and click enter. In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Windows 8: Open Internet Explorer and click the gear icon. Select Internet Options.
- In the opened window, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button.
- Confirm that you wish to reset Internet Explorer settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select Tools and click Extensions.
- Locate all recently-installed suspicious Chrome extensions, select these entries and click the trash can icon.
Reset Google Chrome (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of foosearch.com, reset your Chrome settings.
- Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Tools.
- From the opened menu, select Extensions.
- In the opened window, select Settings (at the left corner of the screen). Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click Show advanced settings....
- Scroll to the bottom of the window, click the Reset browser settings button.
- In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious add-ons from Firefox
- Click the Firefox menu Firefox menu icon (at the top right corner of the main window), select Add-ons.
- Click Extensions, in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons.
Reset Firefox (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of foosearch.com, reset your Firefox settings.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, Firefox menu icon in the opened menu, click the Open Help Menu icon.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, click the Reset Firefox button.
- In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted search hijacker foosearch.com, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted adware or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended our malware removal software.
About the author:
I am passionate about computer security and technology with experience of 20 years working in various companies related to computer technical issues. I have been working as an editor for Remove-Search-Hijackers.com since 2010. Follow me on Google+ to stay informed about the latest online security threats and keep your computer free of hijackers and malware!
Remove-Search-Hijackers.com can not be held responsible for problems that may occur by using this information. If you would like help with any of these fixes, you can ask for malware removal assistance in our Malware Removal Logs forum.