How to Remove greatresults.info
greatresults.info is presented as a legitimate Internet search website. On initial inspection, this web page does not differ from other regular sites, however, be aware that the publishers promote greatresults.info using deceptive software installers/bundlers that hijack Internet browsers and modify settings without users' permission. In addition, this site has pixels and trackers that continually track your Internet browsing activity. Also, most likely this adware is connected to a process that is monitoring and protected the search and home page from being taken over by another adware or even prevents you from changing the settings.
Search hijackers usually target popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. They modify the default search engine, homepage, and new tab URL browser settings by changing them to the greatresults.info. Several third-party applications/browser plug-ins are installed to prevent users from rolling back or modifying these changes. This behavior significantly diminishes your browsing experience, since you are continually redirected to greatresults.info without your full consent when you open a browsers tab or simply attempt to search via the search or omni box. This site generates search results that might lead to malicious sites. Furthermore, your Internet browsing activity is continually monitored. This browser hijacker collects IP addresses, website URLs visited, search queries, and other similar browsing-related data. Many users are unaware that the aforementioned information will contain personal details that are shared with third parties who misuse the information to generate revenue. The presence of search hijacking apps on your system can lead to serious privacy issues or other malware infections.
greatresults.info is promoted using a deceptive software marketing method called 'bundling'. Publishers and marketers hide unwanted apps within the 'Custom' or 'Advanced' download/installation settings, since they are aware that many users rush these processes and skip most steps. Unaware that these adware apps are concealed, users often rush the installation processes and inadvertently install potentially unwanted programs and end up with greatresults.info taking over search and homepage settings.
Method One: Remove greatresults.info Automatically
Automatic removal of the greatresults.info search hijacker is recommended, as the automatic greatresults.info Removal Tool
can fully detect, identify and delete all malicious files and components of greatresults.info. This is extremely helpful for those who don’t want to take the risk and trouble to perform manual removal. Click and download the automatic greatresults.info Removal Tool
Method Two: Remove greatresults.info Manually
In this first step we are going to remove greatresults.info from your web browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) by removing any malicious add-ons, plug-ins or extensions as well as reseting the browser's home and search pages. Depending on which browsers you have installed, follow the selected instructions.
Remove malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the "gear" icon Internet Explorer options icon (at the top right corner of Internet Explorer).
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Look for any recently-installed suspicious browser add-on, select these entries and click Remove.
Reset Internet Explorer (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of greatresults.info, reset your Internet Explorer settings.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, in the opened window type inetcpl.cpl In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click the Windows logo, in the start search box type inetcpl.cpl and click enter. In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Windows 8: Open Internet Explorer and click the gear icon. Select Internet Options.
- In the opened window, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button.
- Confirm that you wish to reset Internet Explorer settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select Tools and click Extensions.
- Locate all recently-installed suspicious Chrome extensions, select these entries and click the trash can icon.
Reset Google Chrome (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of greatresults.info, reset your Chrome settings.
- Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Tools.
- From the opened menu, select Extensions.
- In the opened window, select Settings (at the left corner of the screen). Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click Show advanced settings....
- Scroll to the bottom of the window, click the Reset browser settings button.
- In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious add-ons from Firefox
- Click the Firefox menu Firefox menu icon (at the top right corner of the main window), select Add-ons.
- Click Extensions, in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons.
Reset Firefox (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of greatresults.info, reset your Firefox settings.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, Firefox menu icon in the opened menu, click the Open Help Menu icon.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, click the Reset Firefox button.
- In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted search hijacker greatresults.info, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted adware or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended our malware removal software.
About the author:
I am passionate about computer security and technology with experience of 20 years working in various companies related to computer technical issues. I have been working as an editor for Remove-Search-Hijackers.com since 2010. Follow me on Google+ to stay informed about the latest online security threats and keep your computer free of hijackers and malware!
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.
Remove-Search-Hijackers.com can not be held responsible for problems that may occur by using this information. If you would like help with any of these fixes, you can ask for malware removal assistance in our Malware Removal Logs forum.