How to Remove Splashtop Connect IESplashtop Connect IE
is a browser search hijacker classified as potentially unwanted program. It is similar to rogue search engines that are wide-spread threats to our web browsers. Splashtop Connect IE
is deceptively installed with freeware that is installed by a component called a bundler or downloader. This program contains an installer for a free program that you need and the hijacker that is offered as an optional modification for improving your search that is already set for automatic installation. If you fail to block Splashtop Connect IE option before installing other software, then it will hijack your web browsers. While this search is not malicious, it is not safe to use Splashtop Connect IE and related websites packed with adware and malvertising.
Splashtop Connect IE
like other browser hijackers replace your search engine with a rogue one. Once installed you will get many irrelevant links and see advertising in your web browser. Cyber criminals can use inexpensive promotion and ad marketing for infecting your computer with various malicious programs. It is better to uninstall Splashtop Connect IE and remove bundled adware from your computer unless you value its features and ready to assume risks. Splashtop Connect IE
has components installed as a Windows programs. It is also installed as web browser extensions, add-ons, and BHO (browser helper objects) that work together with the application, track, record and report your web browsing history and deliver ads and promoted links that match your browsing history. This helps to increase number of clicks and profit they generate. Splashtop Connect IE design is quite complex, and it helps to protect the redirect against removal by computer users without experience in removing programs similar to a hijacker for Splashtop Connect IE.
Method One: Remove Splashtop Connect IE Automatically
Automatic removal of the Splashtop Connect IE search hijacker is recommended, as the automatic Splashtop Connect IE Removal Tool
can fully detect, identify and delete all malicious files and components of Splashtop Connect IE. This is extremely helpful for those who don’t want to take the risk and trouble to perform manual removal. Click and download the automatic Splashtop Connect IE Removal Tool
Method Two: Remove Splashtop Connect IE Manually
In this first step we are going to remove Splashtop Connect IE from your web browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) by removing any malicious add-ons, plug-ins or extensions as well as reseting the browser's home and search pages. Depending on which browsers you have installed, follow the selected instructions.
Remove malicious add-ons from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the "gear" icon Internet Explorer options icon (at the top right corner of Internet Explorer).
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Look for any recently-installed suspicious browser add-on, select these entries and click Remove.
Reset Internet Explorer (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of Splashtop Connect IE, reset your Internet Explorer settings.
- Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, in the opened window type inetcpl.cpl In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click the Windows logo, in the start search box type inetcpl.cpl and click enter. In the opened window click the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Windows 8: Open Internet Explorer and click the gear icon. Select Internet Options.
- In the opened window, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button.
- Confirm that you wish to reset Internet Explorer settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome), select Tools and click Extensions.
- Locate all recently-installed suspicious Chrome extensions, select these entries and click the trash can icon.
Reset Google Chrome (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of Splashtop Connect IE, reset your Chrome settings.
- Click the Chrome menu icon Google Chrome options icon (at the top right corner of Google Chrome) and select Tools.
- From the opened menu, select Extensions.
- In the opened window, select Settings (at the left corner of the screen). Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. Click Show advanced settings....
- Scroll to the bottom of the window, click the Reset browser settings button.
- In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Remove malicious add-ons from Firefox
- Click the Firefox menu Firefox menu icon (at the top right corner of the main window), select Add-ons.
- Click Extensions, in the opened window, remove all recently-installed suspicious browser add-ons.
Reset Firefox (optional)
If you continue to have problems with the removal of Splashtop Connect IE, reset your Firefox settings.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, Firefox menu icon in the opened menu, click the Open Help Menu icon.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, click the Reset Firefox button.
- In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
After uninstalling the potentially unwanted search hijacker Splashtop Connect IE, scan your computer for any remaining unwanted adware or possible malware infections. To scan your computer, use recommended our malware removal software.
About the author:
I am passionate about computer security and technology with experience of 20 years working in various companies related to computer technical issues. I have been working as an editor for Remove-Search-Hijackers.com since 2010. Follow me on Google+ to stay informed about the latest online security threats and keep your computer free of hijackers and malware!
This is a self-help guide. Use at your own risk.
Remove-Search-Hijackers.com can not be held responsible for problems that may occur by using this information. If you would like help with any of these fixes, you can ask for malware removal assistance in our Malware Removal Logs forum.